Linn Majik DSM
Linn Majik DSM has all the connectivity to handle anything you throw at it, wired or wirelessly via WiFi or Bluetooth. Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, your own stored music collection… Whether you’re streaming music or using one of the many inputs to plug in your 4K TV, Sky box, Apple TV, Games Console… even a turntable, with Majik DSM at the heart of all your home entertainment you’ll get the best possible sound from everything you listen to, in one room or many.
Linn Majik DSM is an ideal solution for additional rooms, such as the den, family room or bedroom, particularly where there may be other home entertainment sources in use. Majik DSM serves as an ideal hub for all these sources and is a neat way of expanding Linn sound throughout the home.
Customisable smart buttons let you get hands-on with your hi-fi again. They offer immediate access, directly from the product, to anything you want to hear – no matter the source. Streaming services, internet radio, podcasts, your turntable or Blu-Ray player… the choice is yours. Linn control apps provide full control from any device, at your fingertips.
Like all Linn’s network music players, Majik DSM has Space Optimisation built in. This means your system performance can be personalised for you and your room’s unique characteristics, no matter what speakers you have or where they’re placed.
Complete the system with the perfectly matched compact and versatile Majik 109 bookshelf speakers or full-range Majik 140 floorstanding speakers. Vinyl lovers also have the option to pair this player with a Majik LP12 turntable, for a simple introduction into both high performance streaming and vinyl.
Plus you can match your turntable and speakers to any colour for a personalised system look that’s uniquely yours.
Linn Majik DSM Features:
- Streams any digital source over a standard network
- Supports formats up to 24-bit 192 kHz
- Space Optimisation built-in (requires configuration by Linn Specialist)
- Wireless streaming options – WiFi for higher quality or Bluetooth for a quick and easy way to get started playing music
- Six customisable smart buttons for immediate access to pinned content from any source plus a larger multi-way menu function button provides comprehensive control and feedback directly from the product
- Integrates seamlessly with Tidal & Qobuz lossless streaming services and compatible with Spotify Connect, Roon & Airplay
- Plays Internet radio via TuneIn
- 8 digital & analogue inputs including HDMI and USB (Type B)
- HDMI 2.0 connections (4K compatible)
- Front panel headphone output
- Built-in MM phono stage for connecting a turntable
- 2 channels of 100W Class-D power amplification
- Connect multiple Linn DSM players for a high performance multi-room system
Linn Products is an engineering company that manufactures hi-fi and audio equipment. Founded by Ivor Tiefenbrun in Glasgow, Scotland, in 1973, the company is best known as the manufacturer of the Linn Sondek LP12 turntable.
Hi-Fi Choice reviewers voted the LP12 “the most important hi-fi component ever sold in the UK” and The Absolute Sound ranked it the second most significant turntable of all time in 2011. With its iconic success, Linn named their flagship CD player the Sondek CD12.
From 2007 Linn was one of the first audio manufacturers to introduce digital music streaming using the home network and internet. This has become the focus of the company’s strategy leading to audio systems to support digital music playback of 24bit/192 kHz studio master quality recordings using a digital stream over a home network.
Linn have a number of trademarks for their products, many of which have the characteristic “k” in place of a hard “c”. The origins of this practice have been relayed in a number of ways during Linn’s history.