Naim ND5 XS 2 Network Player
Carefully selected and matched parts, an oversized toroidal transformer, decoupled PCB boards: the Naim ND5 XS 2 benefits from classic Naim engineering and fastidious attention to detail to ensure that it delivers natural, engaging sound quality from all sources.
- UPnP-enabled to allow streaming of audio files at up to 32bit/384kHz resolution from Naim Audio hard disk
- servers, network-attached storage (NAS) devices or any home computer
- Supports a broad range of music formats: WAV, FLAC, DSD, Apple Lossless, AIFF, AAC, Windows Media-formatted files, M4A and MP3. Gapless playback on all file formats
- Four 24bit/192kHz capable digital inputs (S/PDIF) to support optimum connection to external sources
- Built-in Chromecast allows you to stream from hundreds of supported smartphone or tablet apps (192kHz)
- Apple AirPlay – stream music from your iOS device or from iTunes and Apple Music
- Spotify Connect built-in to stream millions of songs from the world’s most popular streaming service
- Native support for TIDAL streaming service with free 90 day trial of lossless HiFi tier
- Front-panel USB port for replay of MP3 player and USB-stored audio (1.6A charge)
- vTuner 5* full-service internet radio
- Multiroom & Party Mode compatible
- iOS and Android Naim Audio app for intuitive control
- Bluetooth connectivity with aptX codec for quality audio playback
- Thanks to RC5 system integration, you can control compatible amplifiers that are connected to your network player directly from the Naim app on a phone or tablet
- Roon ready – turning your music collection into a beautifully laid out catalogue
Technology & Craft
The streaming section of the ND5 XS 2 uses the latest Naim network card featuring low-noise, high-speed low-voltage differential signalling (LVDS) to route the digital audio signal. The higher speed is capable of decoding all HD audio formats at up to 32 bits/384 kHz or DSD128.
Rather than the source acting as the digital timing master, our new streaming board turns things around and allows our DAC clock to control the flow of audio data. The data is integer-over-sampled in a SHARC DSP to an incredible 40-bit accuracy before it’s fed to the PCM1791A Burr-Brown digital-toanalogue converter.
Developing a new streaming platform was one of the biggest projects we have ever taken on. Naim engineers across all disciplines – electronic, industrial, acoustic and mechanical – worked for three years to create a system that could make the most of online services such as TIDAL and Spotify while adding future-proof flexibility through Chromecast built-in. Supporting faster data rates with dual-band Wi-Fi and the latest 802.11ac protocol, this robust platform was designed for the highest performance on every level.
There are no reviews yet.